This REC training course is offered fully online, and is open only to Canvas-trained Delta College faculty — January 6 – 26, 2020.
This training is eligible for a $250 stipend and 15 hours of Flex. Weekly assignments are given and participants must pass with at least 80% on all work submitted. Stipend request forms will be emailed after the 3-week training class concludes.
We hear a lot about “Regular Effective Contact” in online courses – but what does it mean? Why do we need it, and how can we make sure we have it? This training will help you understand changes in the laws governing this hot topic in Distance Education, as well as how the CVC-OEI Course Design Rubric defines both Instructor-to-Student and Student-to-Student contact. Learn how to create visible and contextual connections using the tools in Canvas; understand what to expect from an accreditation visit; and learn how to quantify contact that happens outside of Canvas like phone calls and office hours.
Testimonials from Delta Faculty:
- You’re going to love this class! This class is full of great information. Be sure to go back and read all of the discussion posts AFTER it’s due (once everyone has submitted). You’ll learn so many great ideas from your colleagues!
- SO energizing! Participating in this course reminded me of how GREAT it is to interact with fellow online teachers and share ideas–especially those who teach other disciplines! I only wish we could schedule such interactions during our “Mandatory Flex” sessions!
- Share anything and everything! This was a great platform to share what we already do on Canvas and what we would like to do! I got new ideas and answers to questions I’ve had for a while! Canvas is way more effective when we collaborate!
- Helpful and inspirational. Make time and read and reread the instructor’s and your classmates’ posts. Take notes to keep track of all the great suggestions and ideas!
- The faculty shared so many helpful and meaningful ideas and best practices. I am so fortunate to have been in the class with such experienced and knowledgeable faculty! Fantastic class!