Feel free to use as is or modify the sample text. It explains that students must use LockDown Browser for (some) online tests.
Using LockDown Browser for the Class Online Exams
This course requires the use of LockDown Browser for online exams.
Watch the following short video to get a basic understanding of LockDown Browser and the optional webcam feature (which may be required for some exams).
Video Overview: 2 minutes: https://web.respondus.com/lockdownbrowser-student-video/
Then download and install LockDown Browser from this link: https://download.respondus.com/lockdown/download.php?id=122120727
To take an online test, start LockDown Browser and navigate to the exam. (You won't be able to access the exam with a standard web browser.)
For additional details, see the appropriate Student Quick Start Guides:
Finally, when taking an online exam, follow these guidelines:
- Select a location where you won't be interrupted
- Before starting the test, know how much time is available for it, and that you've allotted sufficient time to complete it
- Turn off all mobile devices, phones, etc. and don't have them within reach
- Clear your area of all external materials — books, papers, other computers, or devices
- Remain at your desk or workstation for the duration of the test
- LockDown Browser will prevent you from accessing other websites or applications; you will be unable to exit the test until all questions are completed and submitted
- Windows: 11, 10, and 8.1. Details
- Mac: macOS 10.12 to 12.0+
- iOS: 11.0+ (iPad only). Must have a compatible LMS integration. Details
- Chromebook: Details
- For Respondus Monitor, students’ computers must have a camera
- Windows: 75 MB permanent space on the hard drive
- Mac: 120 MB permanent space on the hard drive
- LockDown Browser is a client application that is installed to a local computer. Both the Windows edition and the Mac edition of the browser are based on Chromium, Google's open source framework. Students do NOT need Google's Chrome browser installed; nor will this version affect a Chrome browser that's already installed.
Students using Respondus Monitor have access to built-in troubleshooting and 24/7 LiveChat in the application itself. Details at: https://web.respondus.com/student-help/